2018, the year of data in agriculture in Flanders
Event AgriFood 4.0 - 26 april 2018 Oudenaarde LINK
SDF is an initiative of companies active in innovative precision farming -and livestock breeding with as main objectives:
1) Deploy economic potential and enhance the competitiveness of enterprises active in Flanders via collaboration initiatives in the agri-food sector.
2) Contribute with solutions to the societal/agricultural challenges with a direct economical added value for Flemish SMEs.
3) Stimulate open innovation, capacity building, and international opportunities within the smart farming ecosystem.
4) Act as a RIS3 Digital Innovation Hub
The Flemish Flemish Minister of Environment, Nature and Farming, Joke Schauvliege supports SDF in its search for innovation and nominated 2018 as 'the year of data' in order to emphasize on the importance of data-driven decision making in precision farming.
Mapping the opportunities and bottlenecks of development and implementation of smart-data systems in practice is useful – also for policy regarding ownership of original data and data-sharing. In the context of legislation around privacy and personal data, which will come into effect in 2018. It’s likely that the smart-farming developments will also need to be harmonized with Flemish policy on industry 4.0.
We host a cluster of dedicated enterprises
Precision farming needs smartness on top in order to cope with today's technological challenges. We are a group of enterprises dedicated to introduce the 4th industrial revolution in agriculture. We call it AgriFood 4.0. We aim to apply agri-smartness from farm to fork, strive for innovation and share data from farmer to consumer via:
- Scouting, brokerage, awareness creation, dissemination, ecosystem building
- Market intelligence, market assessments, roadmapping
- Workshops, seminars to share knowledge and experience
- Identification of opportunities, creating consortia, development of proposals
- Representing interests during meetings & conferences, organizing local events
We are a RIS3 Digital Innovation Hub
Linked to the High Tech Farming initiative on the Agri-Food Smart Specialisation Platform, we are registered as a Flemish [BE2] Digital Innovation Hub for agriculture. LINK
SDF /ILVO is also a partner in the EC approved SmartAgriHubs project coordinated by WUR Wageningen.
Ready to take the next step? You can become a contributor to our cause and participate actively in this endeavour of agri-smartness.